Great for first-time bakers, just line up the ingredients and follow the pictures! Organic and buttermilk, too! Super moist, as we add a tablespoon of 100% olive oil. And super healthy, as we add chia and ground flax seeds – par excellence! oh- and SUGAR-FREE, exuding an anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant-laden richness!
Preheat the oven to 400F. You’ll want to peek through the window while baking so double check the window is intact and clean.
2 1/2 cups Fine Pastry Flour
1 cup Stevia (1:1 parts to granulated sugar)
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon chia seeds, organic
2 teaspoons ground flax seeds, organic
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs, organic
1 1/4 cup buttermilk, organic
2/3 cup butter, organic, melted
1 tablespoon 100% virgin olive oil, organic
1 cup frozen blueberries, organic, Maine
Prepare Dry Ingredients:
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients: flour, Stevia, baking powder, chia seeds, ground flax seeds, and salt.
2. Mix thoroughly and set aside.
Prepare Wet Ingredients:
- Beat eggs slightly while melting butter in a saucepan.
2. Mix with large spoon all together: eggs, melted butter, buttermilk and olive oil.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients.
2. Add blueberries, being careful not to overmix.
Stop mixing when streaks of purple form.
Add small buttermilk if needed just to moisten.
Let batter sit for 5 minutes to rise. Go ahead and clean the kitchen while waiting.
Fill Muffin Cups:
- Place one paper in each holder.
2. Fill to the top with batter. The batter should be very thick and blobby.
3. Bake at 400F for 20 minutes, placing on middle rack (not on top or bottom).
4. After 20 minutes, insert toothpick or knife to be sure it comes out clean. If needed, bake for another 5 minutes.
4. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan.
Cool on wire rack until completely cool (unless someone wants to eat them warm).
From my kitchen to yours, this makes a nice hefty 1 dozen.
Makes a great gift in a box or bag, if you can get any out of the house because these are “see”food, too: When you “see” it, you’ll want to eat it! And it’s sugar-free and antioxidant! Do high-intensity interval training and power out whatever standing, walking, or working out as long as you move your body… and you’ll get lots of bodies moving with these! Touché!
I love to bake muffins like this so that there are little golden mound and the berries are gushing out at you! Let us know when you try this recipe, especially if you’re a first-time baker. One of the secrets to fine baking is to constantly check how things are rising and browning in the oven. Check often. Just like raising children, you can’t just assume everything is okay just because it’s quiet ;)!
~ ~ ~
Additional Recipes from Dr. Aranda’s Kitchen:
Dr. Aranda’s Articles: