Fit for a queen or king, this recipe is sure to be a keeper! Great for company on a cold afternoon or evening, especially great if you’re single and cooking for one or two… this stew will also liven up your gut! Filled with onions and peppers of any color, the red organic peppers burst with tangy flavor – simply captivating!
Follow this recipe if you are using a crock pot for the first time, or are a single person wanting to impress your best friend (who didn’t realize you were such a great cook)! That’s because I’ve laid out each instruction in detail (no, it’s not a hard recipe)… so you can be proud of serving this amazing dish!
It’s that good!
Organic Beef Pepper Stew
2 tablespoons 100% organic virgin olive oil
3 cloves garlic, diced, organic
1 cup onion, diced, organic
1 pound extra-lean ground beef, grass-fed, organic
1 cup chopped celery, organic
1/2 cup shredded carrots, organic
2 bell peppers (we used red here), any color, organic
15 ounces diced tomatoes, organic
15 ounces tomato sauce, organic
1/2 tsp dried basil
1/2 tsp dried oregano
- Sauté garlic and onions. Put cooling oil in a skillet, on medium-high heat. Add garlic first, simmering in oil and stir constantly for 2 minutes. Add onions second, simmering in oil and stir constantly for another 2 minutes. Add a touch more oil to cover all the onions.
- Add ground beef. Dot it between mounds of onion/garlic, as shown below. This helps it to brown, enhancing soup flavor. This is the most important step, so be sure to stir the mixture every 4 minutes or so. Do not let it dry out.
- Discard fat. Simply scoop it out with a spoon. Some may prefer to rinse some filtered water throughout, then drain to get rid of all oils. Otherwise, most of the oil is “good” olive oil, so do not fear! This is why we used lean beef, right?
Fill Slow Cooker:
- Turn the crock pot on “low”, then simply place the skillet mixture inside: celery, peppers, carrots, tomatoes, tomato sauce, the spices oregano and basil.
2. Then add all the rest of the ingredients! It may look like a mess, but it’s not!
3. Your masterpiece begins!
Season to taste!
Simply cover and cook for 6-8 hours and WaLa! It’s beautiful!
Remember: No Peeking! If you life the lid on a slow cooker, you lose hours of effect!
This smells up the house really great all day, too!
Just the kind of aromatherapy the doctor ordered ;)!
Set a beautiful table, serve as a main course or an appetizer!
No worries ~ you’re GOLDEN
Cook away with confidence!
~ ~ ~
Feel free to experiment by adding random vegetables from the refrigerator drawer!
Use cauliflower rice, squash, whatever you’d like – just chop small! … and send us photos!
~ ~ ~
Recipes by Dr. Margaret Aranda:
Articles by Dr. Margaret Aranda: