Are you on the run in the morning? Best to grab some weekday morning protein to start off your day, and this is a surefire way to do it in style: Organic Paleo muffins!
Use this recipe on a Saturday or Sunday morning, and feel free to store muffins in the refrigerator. Use organic eggs and veges, and intrigue with an interesting flavor by using coconut milk. Eggs will never be the same!
- 8 eggs, organic
- 1 cup diced pepper (bell pepper, jalapeno, etc.), organic
- 1 cup diced onion, organic
- 8 ounces cooked meat (ground beef/chicken/turkey, compliant bacon or sausage, etc.), free-range, organic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk (canned), organic
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
Butter 8 muffin cups (or line with paper liners).
Beat eggs together in a large bowl; add other ingredients.
Pour egg mixture evenly into prepared muffin cups.
Bake in pre-heated oven until muffins are set in the middle, 18-20 minutes.
~ ~ ~
Recipes by Dr. Margaret Aranda:
Articles by Dr. Margaret Aranda:
Free Consultation with Margaret Aranda, MD, PhD – Age Management Medicine