Have you noticed that people are aging? Perhaps your parents are not remembering things well or asking you the same questions over and over again. Or perhaps you were a size 6 in college but are now a size 12…
No matter how old you are, there will be a lot of “older” people around you, especially as we near 2030:
Top 5 Statistics on Aging in America
- How many: each day, 10,000 baby boomers turn age 65.
- A 65-year old woman: can expect to live an average of another 20 years.
- A 65-year old man: can expect to live an average of another 18 years.
- An 85-year old man or woman: can expect to live another 6 – 7 years.
- By 2030: 19% of the population, or 8.7 million people will be 85 years old or older.
BONUS: At 85 years of age, there are twice as many women as men.
How do you want to age?
Your goal is to be well enough to have quality of life, and keep your independence!
~ ~ ~
Recipes by Dr. Margaret Aranda:
Articles by Dr. Margaret Aranda:
Free Consultation with Margaret Aranda, MD, PhD – Age Management Medicine