If you’re like the average (obese) American adult or child, your eating habits could change for the better. With 2018 upon us, it’s time to look at your waistline. Choosing foods with a low glycemic index means choosing fat mobilization and energizing yourself in many ways:
10 Health Benefits of the Low-Glycemic Diet
- Stops sugar cravings. Eating less sugar means fewer sugar “highs”, sugar “crashes”, and craving sugar. Kids can also have fewer cavities.
- Mobilize fat. With high glucose in the bloodstream after eating sugar, pasta, or bread, it is impossible to use fat for energy.
- Anti-inflammatory. Inflammatory markers in the bloodstream indicate that organ function calms.
- Feel full after meals. Besides post-meal satiety, many gain positive reinforcement by finishing a low-glycemic meal without that, “I ate too much” feeling that leaves you feeling yucky.
- Improve fatigue. Low-glycemic means no more sugar crashes in the afternoon, and zero chance at getting busted from taking a nap on your desk ;).
- Lose total body fat. Preventing obesity is especially important for our children, who may not outlive their parents.
- Reverse and prevent diabetes. That’s right, it is possible to eat and exercise your way off insulin.
- Prevent heart disease instead of dying from heart attack or stroke.
- Cure hypertension. Many lose so much weight on the low-glycemic diet that they go off blood pressure medications.
- Energize! Feel good after eating – so good that you’ll “Never go back!” to old habits, but will keep moving onward and forward!
Stay with us on The Chronic Life Diet to optimize health, vitality and longevity!
~ ~ ~
Dr. Margaret Aranda’s Articles: